Sunday 28 October 2012

I promoted Geetika to retain her


Over 1,000 police personnel were looking for Gopal Goyal Kanda's across cities in Haryana, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. But the Delhi Police were clueless about the ex-Harayana minister's whereabouts till the time the minister decided to surrender in Delhi. Kanda, in his confession, has


revealed that in the 12-day period, while he was on the run, he had visited Delhi too. In his confession (a copy of which is with HT), the former minister said he had travelled to six cities and switched his three phones off to avoid being arrested.
"After hearing the news of 23-year-old air hostess Geetika Sharma's suicide, I escaped from my house and went to Jaipur, Udaipur and Sangaria in Rajasthan. I switched off my three phones and to avoid the police, I changed my cars several times," Kanda said in his confession.

Kanda said that his three phones had the text messages that he had sent to Geetika, along with her photos, some video clips and pictures of important documents. "I kept the phones in a car but since I changed several vehicles, I don't remember in which car I kept the phones. Apart from the cities in Rajasthan, I also went to Gurgaon, Sirsa and Delhi," he added.Kanda hoodwinked the cops the day he surrendered at New Delhi's Ashok Vihar Police station. The entire north Delhi area had been barricaded and every vehicle plying on those roads were checked. But the police had failed to 'arrest' Kanda before he could surrender.

The ex-minister said he first saw Geetika when she had come to his office for an interview. "I told the board members that the girl is smart and beautiful and asked them to hire her. Since I used to like her, I promoted her to senior cabin crew within a year.  When in 2009, I closed the airline, I made her the group coordinator of MDLR group," he added.

Kanda confirmed that in the job contract, there was a clause that said Geetika had to report to him every day after work. "Whenever she tried to resign, I gave her promotion and increased her salary so that she continued to work for my company," he further said.








Cong demands probe into Kanda fund for HP varsity
Indian Express
AICC general secretary Birender Singh today demanded a probe into the former Haryana ministerGopal Kanda's purported investment in a private university in Himachal Pradesh and his connections with state leaders. “The BJP government is facing ...
See all stories on this topic »
'I promoted Geetika to retain her'
Hindustan Times
Over 1,000 police personnel were looking for Gopal Goyal Kanda's across cities in Haryana, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. But the Delhi Police were clueless about the ex-Harayana minister's whereabouts till the time the minister decided to surrender in Delhi.
See all stories on this topic »


No comments:

Post a Comment